Annapurna Base Camp
Day 1 Kathmandu
Arrival in Kathmandu (1360m): Welcome to the capital of Nepal. If your arrival time permits, you can enjoy a walking tour of the bustling city of gods. Your local guide can introduce his hometown with its old streets, temples and shops offering a first glimpse into Nepalese life.
Meals not included
Day 2 Road Katmandou - Kande then trek to Australian Camp
Today we leave Kathmandu through Thankot pass (1400m) and drive through beautiful hills up to Kande (1660 m). From Kande, an upward trek leads to Australian Camp (1900 m) and our first views of the most beautiful peaks of the region: the Machapuchare (6993 m), the Annapurna III (7555 m), Annapurna II (7937 m) and Annapurna IV (7525 m).
Drive: 6 hours
Trek: 1 hour
Day 3 Australian Camp - Landruk (1565m)
After breakfast, we start our trek with a short walk downward then the trail climbs slowly upwards. Our route crosses several small villages like Pothana and Tolkha where Gurung people live on the fertile southern side of the Annapurna Mountains and cultivate the terraced fields. Our cook prepares lunch for us in Tolka and then we continue towards the pretty village of Landruk with a beautiful view of the valley.
Trek: 4 hours
Day 4 Trekking Landruk - Jhinu Danda – Chomrong (2170m)
Enjoy the Himalayan scenery as we follow a trail down into the gorge. We cross the Himalayan River Modi Khola on the 'New Bridge', journey through small forest and trek up a slope to Jhinu Danda. Optional: we can walk another 20 minutes down to the natural hot springs for a warm bath. Lunch at Jhinu Danda before the final leg of our journey up a steep trail to the Himalayan village of Chomrong in front of Annapurna South (7219m).
Trek: 6 hours
Day 5 Chhomrong - Bamboo (2320m)
Our trail from Chhomrong heads down stone steps and crosses the Chhomrong Khola. From here it is an uphill climb to the village of Sinuwa. Next, we continue through a beautiful enchanting forest before an easy downhill walk to Bamboo where we will spend the night.
Trek: 5 hours
Day 6 Bamboo - Deurali (3200m)
Today we trek through the bamboo forest. This unique jungle is sometimes dense, our trail is dotted with countless glittering waterfalls and includes some steep sections. After crossing a small Himalayan village, we emerge from the forest to sunshine and fabulous views. Then we begin the steep climb to Deurali. As we climb upwards, the trees disappear and the vegetation becomes increasingly sparse. The views of the valley from up here are just magical, with the river rushing by below and the gentle roar of the waterfalls...
Trek: 5 hours
Day 7 Deurali - Annapurna Base Camp (4130m)
Today we tackle the steep and somewhat strenuous trail to Machhapuchhre Base Camp (MBC). From here, we get truly rewarding views of the majestic Machhapuchhre, Annapurna South, Annapurna III, Gandharvachuli and Gangapurna. There is very little vegetation as we climb further up way to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) where splendid views of the towering south face of Annapurna 1 (8091m) await. Enjoy a 360-degree panorama of these iconic giant mountains.
Trek: 6 hours
Day 8 Annapurna Base Camp - Bamboo
Early this morning, we can enjoy a fabulous display of colours which light up the walls of the Annapurna First Mountain (8091m). After breakfast, from the Annapurna base camp, we go down the same way we climbed up. The stunning scenary along the descent to Bamboo is not to be forgetten - the views are truly breathtaking.
Trek: 7 hours
Day 9 Bamboo - Chomrong (2170m)
From Bamboo, it is an uphill trek to Sinuwa Danda, and then a downhill walk to Chhomrong Khola. Then we climb the stone steps to Chhomrong. We enjoy the afternoon taking some rest at Chhomrong.
Trek: 5 hours
Day 10 Chomrong - Gandrung (1950m)
After a brief series of short climbs and downhill sections, we cross the Khimrung Stream. From here our trail climbs up through a beautiful forest to the Khimring village where we have lunch. This afternoon the hike continues to Gandrung, a beautiful Gurung village with its fabulous dry-stone houses. Superb views of the Annapurna and the Machapucharé are waiting for us.
Trek: 4h 30 hours
Day 11 Gandrung - Pokhara
After breakfast, once more in front of the lofty Annapurna peaks, we trek down to Birethanti and our lunch spot on the bank of the Modi River. Then we take the bus from Nayapul
to Pokhara. Afternoon at leisure to rest in Pokhara.
Accommodation: Hotel by the lake
Trek: 4 hours
Day 12 Road to Katmandou - Bhaktapur Sightseeing
Early this morning, we begin our scenic drive to Kathmandu. Enjoy the the beauty of the mountains and a lunch break on the way. Afternoon at leisure to enjoy the Nepalese capital city.
Drive: 6 hours
Day 13 End of stay
Depending on your plane schedule, free time and airport transfer for your international flight.
Dates & prices
No departure for now
Trip code: NEPSAN-EN
- All transfers by private vehicle as detailed in itinerary
- 3 * hotel and B&B accommodation in Kathmandu (Hotel Tibet, Manaslu or similar)
- 2 * hotel accommodation in Pokhara (Hotel Lake View or similar)
- Full board for the trek
- Accompaniment by an English speaking Altaï Guide
- Visits as per itinerary: with a cultural guide and a private vehicle
- Luggage: up to 12kg maximum per person during the trek
- Trekking support team: assistants and porters
- Trekking permits: ACAP and TIMS
- Staff Insurance
- Entrance to historical sites, monuments and museums
- Meals in Kathmandu & Kathmandu Valley
- Nepalese visa: US $ 25
- International flights
- Insurance: Repatriation, Medical & Helicopter Services
- Drinks, tips and personal expenses
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: a sum of €50 per person will be retained
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: your deposit, 30% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 20 to 14 days before the departure date: 50% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received 13 to 7 days before the departure date: 75% of the total trip price will be retained
- Cancellation received less than 7 days before the departure date: 100% of the total trip price will be retained
- Fixed airfares: if your airline ticket was issued in advance, often done to avoid significant surcharges, you will be charged 100% of any non-refundable fees if you wish to change or cancel your flight plan.
- Fixed in-country costs: early charges for firm bookings will be charged if you cancel or modify your trip.
- Insurance costs: if you have taken out comprehensive or cancellation insurance, the cost of insurance is due and cannot be refunded.
Modification du contrat
Prix et révision des prix
Cession du contrat
Budget & exchange
- Warm Sleeping Bag
- Water purifiers (micropur, aguatabs ...)
- A cap or sunhat
- 1 or 2 sets of thermals: long-sleeved thermal tops and full-length long johns
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, preferably in quick-drying technical material
- A light fleece or equivilent (plus extra warm layers if necessary)
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- Lightweight waterproof over trousers
- Suitable shorts
- Walking trousers
- A pair of high-rise walking boots - strength, good grip of the foot and ankle (high stems) and impermeability are essential. Choose shoes with non-slip soles (vibram).
- A pair of trainers/sandels or equivilent casual shoes for cities, villages and evenings
- Thick walking socks
- Warm gloves, hat and scarf (it can be chilly in the mountains)
- Your personal toiletries and a fast drying towel
- Water bottle(s). Min. 2 litres, light and isothermal
- A good pair of sunglasses (think min. category 3)
- Sun-cream, face and lips
- Head torch and spare batteries
- A pocket knife
- A pair of hiking poles
- A waterproof bag cover (or plastic bags) to protect your belongings
- Toilet paper
- Anti-bacterial hand gel
- Your camera
- A notebook or travel journal
- A rucksack (35-40L or 45-50L) for use as a day bag. This will contain your (vital) personal belongings for the day (sweater, spare t-shirt, water bottle, picnic-lunch, sunglasses, small things ... )
- We use porters to transport our other belongings when trekking. Please bring a flexible travel bag with zips for easy access max 80L and max 13kg (16kg with camping gear). Please do not bring suitcases or other hard bags which the porters cannot transport.
- You may also be able to store some belongings securely at the hotel in Kathmandu.